me and my blessings

me and my blessings
LOVING Being LOVED

Monday, February 15, 2010

Hope you had a Happy Valentines Day

We had a restful day here at the Shields house for Valentines Day.  The kids got a simple favorite.  Parker loved her My Little Pony Color/Sticker book with twist up crayons.  Colton is still loving his Reeces Peanut Butter Hearts...he likes to make blizzards with them.  Sierra is staying warm in the adorable cupcake lounge pants that she got.  Mike got me some DKNY Be Delicious perfume - I do love it!  I made Chicken Fried Steak Fingers - Mike's favorite on Saturday evening...enjoyed by all - including myself.  I then tried the Pioneer Woman's Simple Valentine idea for dinner last night.  Simple for her maybe, but anyway...we had spaghetti with red sauce and shrimp (I had to devein - ick), a ceaser salad with homemade croutons (they were delicious & so easy to make), & roasted garlic to spread on our french bread.  It really was a good Valentines Day Dinner and cost much less than the Olive Garden.

I just couldn't bear to put up my lighted trees on the front porch, so I decorated them for Valentines. 
I love them..they just make me happy!  You will see them soon for Easter.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks like it came out of a magazine! Is that a wire wreath? I love it!

    And you even prepared a Valentine's Dinner? Pioneer Woman would be proud! My husband wasn't as blessed. No dinner for him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, thanks so much for following my blog and your comment on my T-shirt makeover. I love your valentine's front porch decor - super duper cute . OHHH but your little daughter she is such a doll with that curly hair! SOOO darling!

    ReplyDelete